Minimally Invasive Surgery in Anchorage, Alaska
Minimally invasive surgery is a safe and effective option compared to the traditional open surgery because it uses the advanced techniques that require small incisions. Far North Surgery provides minimally invasive surgery whenever possible. Our extensive clinical experience combined with the latest technology help us to provide state-of-the-art surgical services to our patients.
Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery is becoming very popular as it offers the following benefits:
- Small Incisions
- Faster recovery
- Fewer Complications
- A lower risk of infections
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Minimal Scars
- Shorter hospital stay
Are You a Candidate of Minimally Invasive Surgery?
Not every surgery can be done using minimally invasive procedures. The decision whether to use traditional or minimally invasive surgery is taken after evaluating the injury and surgical site and reviewing the patient's health history. We use the surgery option that is best suited for your needs. Dr. Prasad and his team will discuss all the treatment options during your initial consultation so you can feel assured you are receiving the best surgery option.
Our Minimally Invasive Surgery Procedures
At Far North Surgery, we offer the most advanced and sophisticated minimally invasive procedures. We provide the following minimally invasive surgeries for the treatment of various health conditions:
- Diagnostic and exploratory laparoscopy is used for the diagnosis of intra-abdominal diseases.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy or removal of gallbladder is performed to treat gallstones in the gallbladder or bile duct, gallbladder inflammation and gallstone pancreatitis.
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy is used to remove the left side of the pancreas to treat cancerous tumors.
- Laparoscopic Heller myotomy provides relief from the swallowing disorder achalasia.
- Laparoscopic fundoplication is performed to treat severe gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair and laparoscopic paraesophageal hernia repair is performed for repair of hiatal hernias and paraesophageal hernias.
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy is used to treat small cancers of the stomach and gastrointestinal stromal (GIST) tumors by removing a portion of your stomach.
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy is performed to treat tumors of the adrenal gland wherein the adrenal gland is removed.
- Laparoscopic splenectomy is performed to remove the spleen for treating idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), splenic cysts or masses.
- Laparoscopic colectomy and laparoscopic colon resection is performed to remove all or part of the large intestine to treat conditions such as colorectal cancers, diverticulitis, and large polyps.
- Laparoscopic esophagectomy is performed to treat esophageal cancers.
- Laparoscopic hernia repair is performed to treat primary, recurrent, inguinal, abdominal, and incisional hernias
- Laparoscopic liver resection/microwave ablation/biopsy is performed to get tissue samples and remove benign and malignant liver masses.
Why Choose Us
Our surgeon is extensively trained to provide the most advanced minimally invasive surgery for the optimal result. They have the experience of working with an integrated care team that includes experts and surgeons in various specialties. Our team remains up-to-date and has access to the latest surgical techniques so our patients can receive the most effective minimally invasive procedures. We aim to provide our patients world-class care and treatment in a compassionate environment.
Call us at 907-276-3676 to schedule an appointment.